Skip to main content

Logo for N.C. Cooperative Extension N.C. Cooperative Extension Homepage

Community Gardens City of Greensboro Guidelines

en Español

El inglés es el idioma de control de esta página. En la medida en que haya algún conflicto entre la traducción al inglés y la traducción, el inglés prevalece.

Al hacer clic en el enlace de traducción se activa un servicio de traducción gratuito para convertir la página al español. Al igual que con cualquier traducción por Internet, la conversión no es sensible al contexto y puede que no traduzca el texto en su significado original. NC State Extension no garantiza la exactitud del texto traducido. Por favor, tenga en cuenta que algunas aplicaciones y/o servicios pueden no funcionar como se espera cuando se traducen.

English is the controlling language of this page. To the extent there is any conflict between the English text and the translation, English controls.

Clicking on the translation link activates a free translation service to convert the page to Spanish. As with any Internet translation, the conversion is not context-sensitive and may not translate the text to its original meaning. NC State Extension does not guarantee the accuracy of the translated text. Please note that some applications and/or services may not function as expected when translated.

Collapse ▲

City Of Greensboro       

Guidelines of Principle Use of Property:

  • Use Permit: A Use Registration Permit is required. Call City of Greensboro Planning at 336-373-2144 for more details.
  • Sheds: Permit required. The maximum size for an accessory structure affiliated with a Community Garden (like a shed); in a residential district is 12 feet in any direction. All storage structures housing fertilizer, gas, or other chemicals shall be ventilated.
  • Fencing: If fencing is installed it shall not be opaque and is subject to the standards of Section 30-9-4.of the City of Greensboro Land Development Ordinance.
  • Lighting: Lighting shall be limited to lights controlled and activated by motion sensor devices for a duration of 15 minutes or less.
  • Size: Community gardens can’t be larger than 1 acre in size or they need a Special Use Permit.
  • On-site sales are prohibited.
  • Water: If a water source is required for your garden please contact the City of Greensboro  Water Resources Department 336.373.2055.

*Locations outside of city limits, please check with your local government for specific principle use guidelines.

Community Gardens Home
Steps to Success
Get Involved
Extension Resources
City of High Point Guidelines