Community and School (Learning) Gardens
What is a Community Garden?
“…anywhere a community of people joins together to garden”
– Community Gardening, The Brooklyn Botanic Gardens
Community gardens are as varied as the neighborhoods in which they thrive. Each is developed to meet the needs of the gardeners who come together to grow fruits, vegetables, flowers, and herbs on common ground.
The Guilford County School Garden Network brings together community stakeholders to create and sustain school gardens in Guilford County.
Networking with other educators
- Connect to others providing garden-based education to share successes, best practices, and questions using this site, social media, and live events.
Professional Development & Workshops
- Seasonal gardening information and growing techniques.
- Specific garden curriculum and integrating the garden with standards.
- Receive grant opportunities, garden-related curriculum, and activities.
- Notice of upcoming events
For more information, contact
Community and School Garden Agent
N.C. Cooperative Extension of Guilford County