Join or Start A Community Garden
Find this page at:
Why Join or Start a Community Garden?
- Community: Meet your neighbors and other community members as you garden and learn from each other. Involve your whole family — this is for gardeners of all ages!
- Health: You are more likely to eat something that you have grown, and you can grow a wide variety of healthy, nutritious food! Gardening also decreases stress and increases physical activity.
- Money: By eating what you grow, you may reduce the amount you spend on groceries. Some community gardeners earn income by selling the produce they grow.
- Nature: Connect with plants, pollinators, birds, and nature in the garden.
- Life Skills: In addition to a wealth of plant growing information, gardening teaches planning, organization, and teamwork.
Join a Community Garden
Start a Community Garden
- There are more than 70 community gardens in Guilford County!
- [Guide to Starting a Community Garden]
- Community Gardening 101 webinar