Guilford County Fitness Challenge 2021
Join us for our 2021 Fitness challenge! This challenge will be focused on gaining muscular strength and endurance. Why does building and maintaining muscular strength and endurance seem important? There is a consensus across multiple studies that strength can improve bone health, improve balance, coordination, raise metabolic rate, and improve functional fitness.
- 85% of 1 rep max
- 5 reps
- goal : increase the amount of weight you can do with the same amount of reps. (increase your 5-rep max)
- How to win: Highest amount of weight increases from initial starting weight.
- Exercises: Bench Press and Deadlift
- 2 times/week for weighted exercises (recommended baseline)
Prize for weighted: kettlebell up to 53 lbs
- As many reps as possible (AMRAP) for 2 minutes
- Push-up, Plank (Timed, hold as long as you can), Squat
- Goal: increase the amount of reps you can do within two minutes and how long you can hold the plank position.
- How to win: Get the most reps for push-up and squat combined and the most time for the plank
- 3 times/week for bodyweight exercises (recommended baseline)
Prize for Body Weight: resistance bands
Please register for this challenge through Eventbrite. We will be using the app GymRat to stay connected. For all those who register, there will be a Zoom link sent out for you to join our kick-off meeting, March 10, 2021, at 6 p.m. This meeting will give all participants the opportunity to connect and ask questions. So be sure to register!