Become a Master Gardener Volunteer
Connecting people to horticulture through science-based education and outreach.
Interested in becoming a Master Gardener℠ volunteer? Want to give back to your community and help other gardeners succeed? Master Gardener℠ volunteers are an essential component of NC State Extension and assist local county horticulture agents in various aspects of home horticulture: from answering gardening questions to becoming involved with and teaching in school and community gardens. Volunteers are involved in a wide variety of activities throughout Guilford County and receive ongoing advanced training programs year-round.
Core Values of the Extension Master Gardener℠ program of Guilford County
Respect Collaboration Responsibility Fun
We Welcome All.
- We value diversity in our volunteers, gardens, and communities.
- We respect each individual’s experiences, needs, and learning style.
- We nurture a culture of mutual respect, professionalism, and appreciation.
We work together.
- We strengthen our impact by collaborating with community partners.
- We seek perspectives from all parts of the community.
- We transfer knowledge from the land-grant university system to our communities.
We make a difference.
- We connect people with the benefits of gardening through science-based information.
- We recommend practical solutions that protect and enhance our environment.
- We are lifelong learners who serve, grow, and have fun.
We strive to be the trusted source of science-based information that empowers North Carolinians to cultivate healthy plants, landscapes, ecosystems, and communities.