FirstGen 4-H Leaders-in-Training
FirstGen 4-H Leaders-in-Training is an exciting leadership opportunity for teens from families that are new to 4-H who would like to make a difference in the 4-H program and their communities.
The role of this training is to be a bridge between being a 4-H member and being a 4-H leader in a club and the community. Participants will experience the beautiful farm and campus of NC A&T State University, including living in the dorms and the
dining facilities. Workshops will include:
- 4-H Clubs – starting your own 4-H club
- 4-H Leads – hear from current and past county, district, and state 4-H leaders
- 4-H Markets – using social media and other marketing strategies to promote your club
- 4-H Partners – working effectively with adults and teams
- 4-H Voices – finding and using your voice to address local issues
- Careers in Agriculture
- And more!
Grade Level: Rising 9th, 10th, or 11th graders
Dates: June 18 – 21, 2018
Location: NC Agricultural and Technical State University, Greensboro, NC
Scholarships: 2 scholarships per participating county (does not include the $40 deposit)
Applications are currently being accepted.
Contact Sadie Payne for an application.
336-641-2400 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The final deadline for all applications:
May 7, 2018