It’s National Nutrition Month
It’s National Nutrition Month!! Do you have what it take to live a healthy lifestyle and incorporate healthy dietary habits? Some of the ways that you can celebrate this month are:
- Make half your plate fruits and vegetables for a healthier meal.
- Increase your physical activity during the week by simply walking for 30 minutes a day with a friend, family member, or coworker.
- Start a wellness challenge with your workplace, faith community, clubs, gym etc.
- Drink more water and decrease your sugary beverage intake.
- Create a theme for your dinner nights such as “Meatless Monday” or “Tex Mex Tuesday”.
- Play with your children outside or simply play some sports outside.
- Incorporate vegetables into dishes that you make on a regular basis.
- Swap your saturated fats for unsaturated fats.
For more resources please visit: https://www.eatright.org/food/resources/national-nutrition-month/nnm-handouts-and-tipsheets-for-families-and-communities
Vincent Webb, FCS Agent